Tuesday, November 16, 2010

tired

They say all you need is love, but some days I feel like I'm just not cut out for this. For him. As a mother we want the best, but am I the best for him? We butt heads daily and it really wears me down. I try, I do, to have as much patience as possible, to try different things that might work. And sometimes those new things do work. But then later they don't. And its just exhausting. The yelling, the throwing, the kicking and hitting. Sometimes you can diffuse a situation by being silly or tickling, but really, IMO, thats not solving whats going on. And I get told to just let him do what he wants, put on cartoon or a movie,  but that goes against what I have always  believed - you just don't reward bad behavior - no matter the cause of the behavior - so I try not to do that.
It hurts Kevin too because by the time he comes home, most days I'm just done, I don't have anything left in me let alone energy or imagination to make a good dinner or spend good time as a family. Or he calls in the middle of the day and chances are something is or has just happened that I tell him about which then in turn ruins his thought process at work. I hate ruining his day too.

I saw a book the other day about No Scream parenting and just laughed. I would love to know who that really works for - long term. I would love to know what will work - 100% of the time, something I can use as my no fail, go-to tactic- because right now, I need something.

No comments:

Post a Comment